Saturday, February 12, 2005

Romney-Mohair mix

Here is the newest yarn I have been working on. It is SO pretty. I'm sure the raw materials have a lot to do with how this turned out. This Romney-Mohair mix came from cmwools in Oregon. It was beautifully colored, soft and has lots of luster. I have to buy more as I just finished this bump. Every skein looks better than the one before. I think I am getting the hang of this. Sure wish there was a spinning guild around here. I think the closest one is about one and a half hours away in Texas. It's supposed to rain for the next couple of days so I guess I will be getting more spinning done. I bought a couple of rose "trees" to plant. I will have to take pictures of those as soon as I get them planted. I didn't plant a garden last year (our first summer in this house) because I was too busy with other things and when you can look out and count 20 squirrels in your yard at one time (I know - I have too many bird feeders) I figured the garden would be for them. Hmmm, wonder what I can plant that squirrels won't like. Maybe I need to get a dog.

No comments: